Saturday 18 September 2010

Pumpkin stuffed with pistachio, saffron and apricot pilaff


It's not officially autumn yet, but you can already feel it in the air. Even though I was born in autumn, it's not my favourite time of year. I love the colours and the rare days when it's warm, dry and sunny, but at least in Belgium much too often autumn = rain, rain and more rain.. Well, there's no better way to forget about the rain than having some nice warm comfort food. I had never used pumpkin in anything else but soup before, but when I saw the picture of this dish in The Complete Book of Vegan Cooking, I knew I had to make it. It came out even more tasty than expected, a great combination of sweet and spicy.


According to the recipe, it serves 4-6 people. Well, we were only two and my pumpkin weighed about 1.3 kg, still we almost ate it all for dinner yesterday. It was that good!

No comments:

Post a Comment