Friday 10 September 2010

coconut-peanut chickpeas and vegetables

This is a very simple recipe, that I first made a couple of months ago. Unfortunately it is so good that we ate it before I remembered to take a photo of the vegetable stew served over basmati rice. The last time I made it for some of our non-vegan friends - they really liked it and asked for the recipe - can there be a better recommendation for a dish? ;)

The recipe comes from One Thousand Vegan Recipes by Robin Robertson, one of my favourite cooking books. The serving suggestion in the book is to serve it over basmati rice. Which is what I did and it was delicious! The first time I made it, we didn't manage to eat it all, so I kept it in the fridge and just reheated the next day, it was still great, if not better (after all the flavours have really blended nicely)

No comments:

Post a Comment