Saturday 25 September 2010

Miso soup

Today was my first attempt at making miso soup at home. I have found so many different recipes online, all of them listing different ingredients, that I’ve just decided to stick to two of the really essential ones – miso and tofu – and improvise. In the end this is the ingredients list I used:

2 ltrs of vegetable bullion
200g of shiitake mushrooms, sliced
375g of tofu, cut into small cubes
150g of smoked tofu, as above
1 large leak, sliced
2cm piece of fresh ginger, crushed in a garlic crusher
1 bunch of coriander, chopped
1 bunch of flat leave parsley, chopped
A few handfuls of fresh spinach
3-4 tbsp. of miso paste (I used dark barley miso)
Freshly ground chili to season
rice noodles to serve

First put the mushrooms into the boiling bullion, after 3-4 min add all the remaining ingredients, except for the coriander and parsley. Let it simmer for about 10 min and then add the herbs and the chili. It’s a super-fast and super-tasty soup, I’ll definitely be making more of it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment