Monday 27 September 2010

Chocolate Brownies



I’ve never had too much of a sweet tooth, but there are two things I love: good chocolate and good ice-cream. As for the latter, I have found fantastic ice-cream made of rice milk at La Saga. (Un)fortunately the price for a 400ml box is around 8 euro, otherwise I would buy it all the time ;) Good dark vegan chocolate is not difficult to get, my favourite brand available in Belgium is New Tree. Yesterday I have finally dared to try and recreate the fantastic chocolate brownies we had at the Candle 79 restaurant in New York in spring this year. The recipe is available in their cookbook 'The Candle Café Cookbook', which I bought there but which you can also buy online, for example at the Book Depository.

I have to say they taste fantastic! I took some to work today and needless to say, all I brought back home was an empty plate ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment