Monday 23 November 2009

Rain and tortillas


Today was one of these Monday mornings when you could almost trade a few years of your life for staying in bed just a little bit longer. 8 am outside the window looked exactly like 8 pm last night. This is Brussels autumn. Cold, rainy, windy and extremely dark. When I first came here everybody said I'd get used to it. Well, almost 4 years later and I'm still not used to it. I don't think I ever will. The lack of sun is not something I can easily manage, quite depressing, honestly speaking. I attach a photo taken this morning from our attic flat. I just looked at it and I think it looks way too nice. Kind of cosy and romantic. It's not true, it was a very, very gloomy morning... Well, what can you do (other than move, of course ;). One of the things that work for me on such days is some nice hot food. Soup is always great, but today I made a tortilla wrap with tabbouleh and guacamole. The recipe comes from 'The Complete Book of Vegan Cooking' by Tony and Yvonne Bishop-Weston

No comments:

Post a Comment