Saturday 7 August 2010

Sushi

When the sushi madness came to Europe quite a few years ago, I didn't really think much of it. I had tried it many times since then and I had to change my opinion, I genuinely liked it! But still I didn't attempt to make it at home, it just seemed like too much - buying all the necessary stuff and then the rolling.. It was supposed to be so difficult. Well, it's not!

Today I bought one of the sushi meal kits, which basically contains the nori, sushi rice, a bamboo mat, rice vinegar, soy sauce, wasabi paste and the chopsticks. I looked up a few recipes online and decided to go for cucumber, red pepper, avocado, carrots, fresh ginger and sesame seeds for the filling. It was delicious! Next time I'm at our Asian supermarket, I'm definitely going to buy some nori and wasabi and continue the adventure with homemade sushi.

No comments:

Post a Comment